Welcome to Name That Author!, a Name That Tune-style author-guessing game.
We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. In elementary school, I had trouble reading, but a dedicated librarian instilled in me a love of books.
2. My first novel was about a boy and his dog and was set in my hometown.
3. While working as a children’s librarian, I noticed a lack of books for elementary school kids about elementary school kids and was inspired to write because of it.
4. My birthday was chosen as the annual day to promote sustained silent reading.
5. My most famous characters, Beezus and Ramona, started out as secondary characters in earlier novels.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]