Welcome to Name That Author!, a Name That Tune-style author-guessing game.
We start by giving you one clue, then one additional clue per hour through the afternoon. The first person to guess the author correctly wins a book of our choosing, and all other correct guessers will be entered into a drawing at the end of each month.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
(Note: Prizes have now been put in the mail for all previous winners. If you’ve won and don’t have a book in your hands by the end of next week, let us know.)
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. It is estimated that I have over 100 million copies of my books in print.
2. I, along with an engineer and a doctor, developed a cerebral shunt to better drain excess fluid from the brain.
3. Though I never received any training in aerial combat and started flying antiquated biplanes, by the end of World War II I recorded five kills, and was later officially certified as an ace.
4. My role with MI6 was not revealed until more than 35 years after my service.
5. At age 8, I was caned at school for putting a dead mouse into a jar of gobstoppers.
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]By signing up you agree to our Terms of Service