This post originally appeared on Panels, which is now Book Riot Comics
We here at Panels are taking some much needed time off; in the meantime, we’re revisiting some favorite old posts from the last 6 months! We’ll see you back on January 11 with all new posts for your enjoyment.
This post originally ran on September 23, 2015.
While I have no doubts that Lumberjanes will continue to be awesome, I can’t help but pause to mourn the initial dream team of Noelle Stevenson, Grace Ellis, Shannon Watters, and Brooke Allen. As we bid farewell (and CONGRATULATIONS) to co-writer Stevenson, we take a moment to look back at the 25 best moments (or at least, my personal favorites) from Lumberjanes 1 through 17. (I was going to try to do 10, but… well.)
Fair warning: contains spoilers for the series thus far.
1. We Meet Ripley
2. The Pungeon Master Badge Is a Thing That Exists In The World
3. April Takes Out a River Monster With a Scrunchie
4. The Holy Kitten Enters Our Lives (And Our Hearts)
5. Jen’s Love Language Is Terror
6. Yetis Think Humans Are Gross
7. Molly’s Hat’s Name Is Bubbles
8. April Gets Most of the Best Lines, Including Terminator References
9. Ripley Bites a Dinosaur
10. Jen and Rosie Have a Heart-to-Heart
11. There Are Greek Gods In The Mix
12. A;asd;flkeAsdlghea;lsdfhpegjlasdgha;skdjf Jo
13. Mal Believes In Molly Aas;ldkfja;slekgjalsdkhfa;slkjepoghalsd;kfja;
14. Everyone Gets a Kitten
15. Jen Tries To Tell a Ghost Story
16. Mal and Molly Aas;ldkfjaoegalsdkha;eogiha;lsdkj
17. Ripley and Bubbles Are Ballroom Dancers
18. Mal Has a Plan
19. Bubbles’ Back-Story Is Revealed
20. We Find Out Where Ripley’s Blue Streak Comes From
21. Enter Rosie, With Moose
22. The Bear-Woman Hates Feelings
23. Jo and Barney Have a Heart-to-Heart
24. Jen Discovers True Power
25. Rosie Jumps Off a Cliff In The Name of Friendship
Thank you, Noelle Stevenson and Shannon Watters. For making me feel all the feels; for introducing us all to Friendship to the Max; for giving us hardcore lady types a community and a cabin.
26. I Die Of Feels