This post originally appeared on Panels, which is now Book Riot Comics
Want to protect your secret identity this con season? Or maybe capes and tights just aren’t your speed. Never fear! You can still cosplay your heart out. Here are 10 of my favorite casual cosplays for ladytype characters.
1. Kamala Khan, Ms. Marvel: Grab a scarf and paint a lightning bolt on that black t-shirt!
2. Wanda Maximoff, Age of Ultron: Up for some layering fun? You’ll need a lacy camisole, a black dress, some dangly necklaces, a leather jacket, rolled down thigh-highs, and some chunky kick-ass boots.
3. Kate Bishop, Hawkeye: If ever there was a time to break out all your purple (and your favorite giant coffee mug), that time is now.
4. Natasha Romanoff, Captain America: Winter Soldier: Perfect for the cosplayer who needs to be able to make a quick getaway and blend into a crowd.
5. Gwen Stacy, Spider-Gwen: Even crime-fighters have to make time for band practice, and the green/black/purple color combo here definitely rocks my world.
6. The Lumberjanes: Which of the ‘janes matches your style best (or challenges you the most)? You’ve got excellent options to pick from! (Life-vests optional.)
7. Barbara Gordon, Batgirl (Fletcher & Stewart): City girls might be chic or casual, but either way they’re ready for action.
8. Laura, The Wicked and The Divine: Get out your big coat and your most iconic t-shirt; black jeans and boots complete this outfit.
9. Lucifer, Hexed: What’s every art-thief need in an outfit? A leather jacket (always a leather jacket) plus hoodie, red Chucks, and jeans, obviously.
10. Doreen Green, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Where my friends with hips at? Rock ’em along with Doreen! Also I confess I am a sucker for a scoop-neck shirt. And that PURSE.
Already done one of these, or know where folks can get the looks? Share away in the comments!
Follow us on Instagram for more comics fun.