Here at Book Riot, we’ve built charity into our DNA. We gift two percent of all revenue–no funny math, just 0.02 times our total revenue–to charity. Our leadership decided this prior to raising capital and well before we ever earned our first dollar. It’s in our business plan. We’re committed.
And we want you to be involved! In 2013, you chose Girls Write Now as our charitable partner, and we’ve had a wonderful time working with them. Now it’s time to choose the next organization, which will receive 2% of our revenue during 2014. To nominate an organization, leave a comment that includes the organization’s name, URL, and Twitter handle (if it has one), along with one sentence explaining the organization’s mission. We will choose 5 finalists and let the Book Riot community vote for the recipient.
To be eligible:
- The organization must have 501(c)3 status in the United States
- The organization must promote social justice. Preference will be given to organizations focused on literacy, health, gender or educational equity
- The organization may be religious, but its primary mission may not be proselytizing
- The organization’s constituency may be anywhere on the planet
- The organization must have a 3 star or better rating according to Charity Navigator
Please note that organizations may not receive the donation in two consecutive periods. This means Girls Write Now is not eligible for nomination, but previous partners Housing Works and Reach Out and Read are.
Nominations will be open through 11:59PM EST, Sunday, January 19, 2014.
Sign up for our newsletter to have the best of Book Riot delivered straight to your inbox every week. No spam. We promise.