Can you identify these authors solely from the dust jacket photos of their recent novels? The answers are included in “invisible ink” at the bottom — just highlight the section to see how many you got correct, and post your score at the bottom. (If you get ‘em all without cheating, you might be my reading soulmate.)
1. A.M. Homes, author of May We Be Forgiven.
2. Tom McCarthy, author of C (and a mean Dwight Schrute impersonator!)
3. Jennifer Haigh, author of Faith
4. James Meek, author of The Heart Broke In
5. Robin Sloan, author of Mr. Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore
The bonus: Ida Hattemer-Higgins, author of The History of History (one of my favorite novels of the last five years)