This week, Name That Author! is sponsored by Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier.
About Ruby Red: Gwyneth Shepherd’s sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon—the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the eighteenth century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped. This week, we’re giving away five copies of Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier The first correct guess wins a copy and four other correct guesses will be randomly chosen to win a copy. So even if you don’t know what it is until later on, take a shot! [Guesses must be submitted by 1:30pm Eastern Monday June 4th to be entered.]
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. My house was on of the stops Ken Kesey made as chronicled in The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test.
2. During an acceptance speech for a screenwriting award, I thanked my typewriter.
3. I have owned and operated one of America’s largest used bookstores for more than 30 years.
4. The most famous adaptation of one of my novels starred Jack Nicholson.
5. I grew up in Texas, though it is unknown if I was ever lonesome.
[contact-form-7 id="4365" title="Name That Author!"]