Time to reveal the answer for last week’s Name That Author!. But first, recap of the clues:
1. You might be surprised to learn that my most famous work is considered a comedy.
2. Though I was exiled from my hometown, eventually they wanted me back…500 years later.
3. I first met the love of my life at nine years old….and only ever saw here once again after that meeting, or so I said.
4. It was somewhat controversial that I wrote in Italian, even though I was myself Italian.
5. I crawled through Satan’s groin and discovered it was surprisingly cold.
Ready for the answer: Here you go.