You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. You might be surprised to learn that my most famous work is considered a comedy.
2. Though I was exiled from my hometown, eventually they wanted me back…500 years later.
3. I first met the love of my life at nine years old….and only ever saw here once again after that meeting, or so I said.
4. It was somewhat controversial that I wrote in Italian, even though I was myself Italian.
5. I crawled through Satan’s groin and discovered it was surprisingly cold.
[contact-form-7 id="4365" title="Name That Author!"]