You can submit your guess using the form below after any clue, but if you’re wrong, you’re out for the week. So you’ve got to pick your spot. Too early and you might be wrong; wait until you’re sure, and you might get scooped.
**Be warned: if you Tweet your guess or leave a comment with your guess, you’re not only disqualified for this week, but for the rest of the month.**
Here we go:
1. I was often ill as a child, so spent a great deal of my time day-dreaming.
2. I wanted my stories to be like updated fairy tales, but with less violence and moralizing.
3. Though novels brought me fame, I got my start in the theatre and musicals. I probably would have enjoyed the adaptations of my most famous work, had I lived to see it.
4. I wanted to stop writing new novels in my most popular series, but fan demand convinced me to keep writing. I did thirteen in all. An additional nineteen were written after my death.
5. “I had a home and a business destroyed by fire, but no property ever damaged by a tornado.”
[contact-form-7 id=”4365″ title=”Name That Author!”]