At Book Riot, we’ve built charity into our DNA. Two percent of our revenue – no funny math, just 0.02 times total revenue – is gifted. Our leadership decided this prior to raising capital and prior to earning our first dollar. Our business plan states it. We’re committed.
And we want you to be involved! In the final quarter of 2011, you chose Housing Works to receive our first donation. Now it’s time to choose our next charitable partner to receive 2% of our revenue from the first half of 2012. To nominate an organization, leave a comment that includes the organization’s name, URL and Twitter handle (if it has one), along with one sentence explaining the organization’s mission. We will choose 5 finalists and let the Book Riot community vote for the recipient.
To be eligible:
- The organization must have 501(c)3 status in the United States
- The organization must promote social justice with a preference for organizations focused on literacy, health, gender or educational equity
- The organization may be religious, but its primary mission may not be proselytizing
- The organization’s constituency may be anywhere on the planet
- The organization must have a 3 star or better rating according to Charity Navigator
Please note that organizations may not receive the donation in two consecutive periods.
Nominations will be open through 11:59PM EST, Friday, March 16th.
Voting will begin on Friday, March 23 and will continue through Friday, March 30, 11:59PM EST.