Before we give you the answer, here’s a recap of the clues.
1. I wrote poetry, though that’s not what I am remembered for.
2.One year, my hometown declared my birthday a school holiday and celebrated with a day of events around my life and work.
3. I mentored, and was later disowned by, a series of notable literary figures.
4. At least one other notable author was named after me.
5. I was friends with a major literary figure who drowned, and I dispatched another major literary figure to see if anything remains of their personal effects.
6. For a time, I required my son to read ten pages of Plutarch every weekend.
And the answer is….drumroll please….RALPH WALDO EMERSON! Send a big congratulations to this week’s winner, Lisa Lidek, and join us next week for another rousing round of Name That Author!